Search all homes for sale in Colonial School District up to $250,000
The Colonial School District is a grades K through 12 public school district located in New Castle, Delaware. The district serves approximately 10,000 students and has 8 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, one high school and two special needs schools.
Do you have a home to sell?
It might be worth more than you think.
Call 302-353-9032 for more information or get your
Elementary schools in Colonial School District
- Carrie Downie Elementary School which has 354 students and 26 classroom teachers.
- Castle Hills Elementary School which has 658 students and 41 classroom teachers.
- Harry O. Eisenberg Elementary School which has 539 students and 37 classroom teachers.
- Kathleen H. Wilbur Elementary School which has 1,178 students and 68 classroom teachers.
- New Castle Elementary School which has 553 students and 38 classroom teachers.
- Pleasantville Elementary School which has 484 students and 32 classroom teachers.
- Southern Elementary School which has 859 students and 64 classroom teachers.
- Wilmington Manor Elementary School which has 417 students and 25 classroom teachers.
Middle schools in Colonial School District
- Calvin R. McCullough Middle School which has 740 students and 42 classroom teachers.
- George Read Middle School which has 670 students and 44 classroom teachers.
- Gunning Bedford Middle School which has 991 students and 52 classroom teachers.
High Schools in Colonial School District
- William Penn High School which has 2,173 students and 120 classroom teachers.
Other Schools in Christina School District
- The Colwyck Center is comprised of preschool aged children with and without identified disabilities, and is housed at John G. Leach School. All preschool classes are taught by Delaware state certified early childhood educators, and all classrooms have at least one paraeducator. All classrooms have state certified speech/language pathologists, occupational therapists, and/or physical therapists who work in the preschool classrooms. CEEP classrooms implement a developmentally appropriate educational curriculum which focuses on language, social, cognitive, fine motor, and large motor growth.
- John G. Leach School which has 94 students and 18 classroom teachers. Leach School serves pupils residing in New Castle County, ages 3-21, who have physical disabilities, moderate to severe cognitive disabilities, or serious health impairments.
- Wallace Wallin School which has 115 students and 13 classroom teachers. The Wallin School is located in New Castle, Delaware and offers special programing for students in the Colonial School District. The programs are an Intensive Learning Center for special education students in grades 6-12 who have not been successful in their home schools due to a history of school related behavior problems. The middle school alternative program serves general education students in grades 7th and 8th that have seriously violated the district’s code of conduct. The Credit Recovery program serves students in grades 9-12 that have been unsuccessful in earning credits towards graduation at William Penn High School. The Adult Integration program is designed to improve employment and post high school outcomes for students with mild to moderate disabilities, ages 18-21, which have completed their high school education but have elected to continue their schooling.