How do you choose the right real estate agent to sell your home fast?
For most of us, buying and selling our home is the biggest financial transaction of our lives. Finding a skilled, well trained, and honest agent to represent you is of the utmost importance.
In today’s world, consumers have many ways available to them to learn about agents. Probably the best way to find out what an agent has to offer you is by interviewing them. It may seem obvious, but many people don’t take the time to do it.
Here are some questions you may want to ask your real estate agent before signing a Listing Agreement:
- Do you have a marketing plan for my house?
- Most real estate agents do the “3 P’s” of marketing. They Put it in the multiple listing database, the Place a sign in the yard, and they Pray that someone comes along to buy it. Ask them if they do the 4th “P”, Prospecting. If they don’t do all 4 P’s, they’re not the right agent.
- Do you work full-time?
- A full-time real estate agent is likely to give you more time and attention than a part-time agent. A part-time agent may not be the right agent for you.
- How will you communicate with me?
- According to the National Association of Realtors, the biggest complaint that sellers have is that they don’t hear anything from their real estate agent. Once the Listing Agreement is signed, they disappear and become “Secret Agents.” If they don’t have a plan to keep you informed, they’re not the right real estate agent.
- Is your Real Estate License in good standing?
- Do you have any client complaints against you?
- There are websites to check a real estate agent’s license. Ask the real estate agent to provide it to you.
- Can you provide me with references who are not relatives?
- Talking to past clients is a great way to find out if the real estate agent will do what they are telling you they will do.
- Can you help me with staging my home?
- You are in a pricing war and a beauty contest when it comes to marketing your home. The right real estate agent will be able to help you with making your home look it’s very best.
- Who takes the photos of my home?
- Does the real estate agent come in with their cell phone and snap some pics? You only have one chance to make a first impression. This is especially true online. Home buyers look at pictures! If your pictures are blurry or poorly lit don’t expect to get many showings. You’ve worked hard to get the house ready to show. The right agent will hire a professional to take photos that will showcase your home in its best light.
- What documents do I need to sign?
- These should include, of course, the listing agreement and sales contract. If the listing agreement does not have a cancellation clause, ask if you can cancel if you are unhappy with the services. If you have the free right to cancel, the length of the listing agreement does not matter much. Read all documents and ask questions if you don’t understand anything.
- Do you have a website and/or blog?
- Virtually all agents have a website. Visit it to get a sense of the agent and the brand. Not many agents have blogs so don’t hold it against them. But if they do have a blog, visit and read their posts and comments. In my (biased) opinion, you will get enormous insights into the agent’s personality & local expertise, among other things.
Teresa Litz enjoys helping people and what better way to accomplish that than to assist them in finding the perfect home. Customer service is her first and highest priority. Teresa doesn’t believe in high pressure sales tactics. She DOES believe that honesty and integrity are the best policies and she will give you the best experience possible and offer her expertise at every step of the way. Having over $3.5 million in settled buyers, Teresa is constantly aware of today’s market and loves working with buyers and sellers. As a part of The Moving Experience, Teresa is a highly respected agent who gives her clients a “5 Star” experience. ME is on the cutting edge of online marketing, which is where most buyers and sellers begin their home searches in today’s real estate market.
Teresa has been a Delaware resident since 1985 and loves the small town atmosphere of Dover. Her past work experience includes secretarial positions, lab technician, and owning her own decorating business. Teresa says, “I’m an animal lover. I have 2 cats, Tara and Kisses. Both of them are ‘rescues’, not from the shelter, but from less than desirable situations. And I have 2 grand-dogs named Shelby and Chloe. My ‘happy place’ is anywhere that involves water. I love the ocean, boating, and swimming. When I ‘grow up’ I want to live somewhere tropical and be a beach bum.”
What past clients have to say about Teresa:
Thank you so much Teresa Litz for all your help finding me a house and finding it so fast. Doing it on my own was scary enough but having all you help made it so much easier. Couldn’t of asked for a better realtor. Kate T.
Please know we highly recommend you! Putting us in touch with all the right people and being such a good communicator is a winning combination. Your expertise had everything go so quickly and smoothly for us. We never expected the transition to go so easily. We truly appreciated having you as our realtor and just wanted to say, “Thank you Teresa”! Hubert and Cynthia K.
The office as well as my agent Teresa Litz did a great job helping me in purchasing my first home. Thank you Teresa. Darnell C.
You might also like Questions To Ask When Choosing a Realtor – Realtor Magazine.
To set up an interview with Teresa, call or text 302-353-9032. If you want to send me a message, click here.